Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Good News:

I am going to be a doctor.


When I got the phone call from Mr. Larkin at UCF last week, my favorite thing he said to me went something like, "You can stop worrying about being an applicant and start becoming a physician." Pretty crazy.  I remember joking with other premed friends that when other people ask us what we do - we'd simply say "I'm a premed applicant,"  like that was the end-all; that's what we do.  Never getting in, just always applying.  I remember thinking that was so funny because it was so terrifying - med school acceptances often feel like such a crapshoot.

A friend of ours recently took the MCAT, and I remember the question being asked what I had been more nervous for, getting my MCAT score or waiting to get accepted.  Hands down the MCAT was worse.  I had almost complete control of my MCAT score.  I could study as much as I wanted and my score depending solely on my own performance.  It was up to me and that made me nervous.  Getting accepted to a school, though, felt like it was out of my hands.  I was confident in my application, but I didn't know if I was who they wanted.  I remember praying - not just to be accepted - but that the schools could see me for who I really was and have a clear understanding of me - of Katie Mower Peacock.  (Cause let's face it, if they really knew who I was they'd DEFINITELY take me, right? ;)  But after applying, I felt like whatever was supposed to happen, would, and that makes me even more grateful that I've been accepted.

I don't think it's really hit me yet.  It probably won't till Jeff and I make the 36 hour/2300 mile trip to Orlando sometime in August :)

World - get ready for Dr. Peacock.


University of Central Florida, College of Medicine - aka my new home for the next four years


6 comments:

Heather said...

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so stoked, and so glad I'll have a best friend as a doctor in the future. :) you will come in handy...haha. I am so proud of you Katie, you deserve it more than anyone I know!

Laura said...

Doctor, I would love to work with you anytime :)

Anonymous said...

great work chica!!! I'm seriously so happy for you! Just don't move until after August 3rd :-) yaaaaay!!!!

kaylynnczy said...

You're gonna be a HOT DOC gypsy! Congrats!!

Bryan said...

Yay!! Also that school looks like a temple.

Katelyn Lamoreaux said...

Congratulations Katie!!! I'm sooo happy for you. You completely deserve this. Good luck with the move and most of all...MED SCHOOL :)