Monday, December 13, 2010

All I want for Christmas...





...is a Bengal Kitten!

Anyone who knows me knows I love cats. I was lucky enough to marry another cat lover, but unfortunately, our landlords don't allow pets, (for reason that are totally understandable). Because we can't have our own little kitty, we often visit Petsmart and play with the cats there or browse KSL and look at the kittens for sale. The other day while we were browsing we came across an ad for a "bengal cat..."

We have to have one.

As you can tell, they are absolutely gorgeous. There are lots of breeds; spotted, marbled, and white to name a few. They are cross bred with a non domesticated cat to achieve the "wild" looking aesthetic. Only real problem is they cost on the high end over $1,000 if you are going to breed them. If you want them just as a pet they usually sell for half that.

Worth it? Definitely. Can we afford it? Not yet :(

But when we can I think we'll probably get a snow lynx.


4 comments:

Laura said...

YES!! They have them at the pet stores here--so cute. Make sure you do some research though because we've read that the Bengals can be a little...hyper? Anyway, so excited for you! :P

Bryan said...

ha! you would!

Christa said...

I'm not really an animal person...but if you're gonna get a cat you should definitely get one of these...they look pretty aweseome. I like the first one, it almost looks like a Tiger.

mindy said...

yay KITTENS! Eye candy all over this post. I miss Pud. I hope she is still alive and well. Jeff, good to know you love cats. Cats? Or just baby cats? Totally unrelated question: Katie have you ever considered making your blog private? Just wondering. Have you ever checked your "stats"? Wow, lots of Qs! MCAT prep. Yep. You pass. xoxox