Things I miss:
- The Fall Season. People - it's still almost 90 degrees most days. The evenings are cooling off, but I still get sweaty wearing jeans and a t-shirt. And I never realized how I used the seasons to measure time; I mean, it's already a week into October, but it's still really hot outside...weird. Not to mention all the trees and vegetation are still green and show no signs of changing anytime soon.
- Mountains. Not just because they're beautiful, but because it's hard to get disoriented when those giant peaks help me find East. And because they offer instant outdoor fun like hiking and biking.
- The absence of frogs. And lizards. And lovebugs. And mosquitoes.
- Dance. Even though I wasn't on a company or anything when I moved, I miss teaching and being able to take a class here and there whenever I felt like it. Just not the same in Union County (believe me, I've looked).
- Family. They just get me, you know?
Things I love:
- Southern people. I love hearing "yes, ma'am," or "no, ma'am," and all the other funny Southern idioms. People here are just more respectful. I also love the sass that comes with the South too. Definitely learning how to interact with people in a more genuine way.
- Southern food. If you are a vegetarian, don't move to Florida - at least not North Florida (and let's just say I'm glad I'm pregnant and if I gain a few extra pounds I can blame it on that).
- Russell. I knew I loved cats, but I'd forgotten just how much I really do love cats, hahaha. AND Russell is learning to use the toilet. The litter kwitter is not a scam after all :)
- Family. I'm so grateful I have the chance to spend so much time with Jeff's close and extended family (even though his extended family feels more like brothers and sisters). It's so fun to get to know them and start to build real relationships.
Yup. Definitely a new chapter for me and Jeff. Life has a crazy way of flipping itself on its head. Even though I have been here two months, between being pregnant, moving in with the in-laws, not going to school or working, and adjusting to small town Florida, there's still a long way for me to go before I feel like I'm at home. But life is good, Jeff has a job, I have a kitty, and we'll soon have a baby, what more could I ask for :)
Here are some of my favorite pictures from the last couple months.
|On the shuttle bus to the Gator game a couple weeks ago.|
|Found this enlightening message on said bus.|
|Awkward pregnant picture (are there any other kind?) |
Notice the lady laughing at me in the background.
|Until I have a baby you're gonna have to get used to kitty pictures :) |
Russell is often found sleeping like this
|About how I feel when taking pregnant pictures. |
I think I was 23 weeks in this one.