Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Formality


I'm not trying to offend anyone, and if you read this please know I am not angry or personally attacking anybody who has done this, I just want to share my thoughts on society and the way things are headed.

With that said, didn't weddings used to be about formality and having manners? If you are sending out invitations, then INVITE me, don't just throw out a status post that says, "Hey, you want to come to my wedding? Send me your address!"

Isn't it called an INVITATION? I feel like I'm inviting myself to the party..err...I mean wedding.

I don't know, the whole group thing bothers me too, but at least I got invited to join the group. I know it's convenient, I know it's less hassle, but that's not the point. I just don't feel very appreciated when I'm the one making your decision about coming to your wedding or not.

However, I love facebook and I love weddings, so I usually end up sending them my address anyway ;)


picture found here

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Katie - it bugs me too! I wish people would email or call or even personally ask me in a facebook message. I usually just don't answer those at all because I know I won't go and I don't want to waste their money :)

Preston and Jamyn said...

Amen Sista!!! I am guilty for asking people for their addresses on the FB but that was as far as it got! I feel the same way, but even more so when it comes to the invitation. Don't get me started. ;)

Megan Jo said...

This was very well said.