Friday, April 29, 2011

Growing Pains


So it's been a while. Hopefully I can post a little more consistently now that summer is starting. (Don't let the snow fool you, it really is almost May). I'm currently taking a little break from studying and thought it would be nice to update the blog.

This will be my first spring not taking any classes, but I'm secretly glad I have to study for the MCAT because it gets me to campus. I fail at studying at home with Jeff, and the spring term is the prettiest time at BYU so it only makes sense to come visit. The pretty trees with their pink and white blossoms reminds me that change can be a wonderful thing.

Growing up I could picture myself moving out of the house, studying at the library, dancing through school, and even finding someone I especially liked and putting a ring on my finger. Those were just a continuation of things I'd already been doing. It wasn't hard to realize and imagine those happening. And I've always dreamed of doing something big with my life, but I never pictured myself taking the MCAT or asking professors for letters of recommendation or buying plane tickets to interview (hopefully!) at potential medical schools.

It's exciting to be on the brink of something new. I remember before the last Harry Potter book came out I was kind of sad because the mystery would be over and I couldn't wonder anymore. How wonderful that life will never run out of mysteries. Who knows what my life will be like in 5 years, but I bet I see some pink and white blossoms along the way.





2 comments:

Laura said...

mmmm. Yes! I miss campus a whole lot but I can't imagine living anywhere else right now. I am so excited about your test. You are going to rock it!

Mandy said...

I really like this. I think you are right - change can be such a good thing. I am excited for your med school plans! How cool would it be if we ended up at the same school?